Sunday, July 02, 2006

Recycled Hat

So this is a hat I created from a sweater I got today at a thrift store. It took like an hour tops. It is really simple. Basically take a sweater and cut 2 rectangles 9.5 w x 8.5 h at the base of the sweater (so that the base is the bottom of the hat and you dont have to finish it off. Then cut 6 strips from the sleeve about 1.5 inch wide and as long as you want. Sew 3 of the strips together then braid them then tie in a knot in it. Do the same for the other 3 strips. Then sew the hat wrong side together with braids placed between the 2 rectangles near the ends of the hat (on opp. sides of course). Then it is done! Very simple and it makes a very fun hat. To make a baby hat make the rectangle smaller and for a mans make it bigger.

Enjoy. and if any of you want a hat but dont want to make it and have an old sweater, I will gladly make one for you. I got a few other sweaters I plan to play with, so if you like any of them let me know. Chances are it will be girl or kid ones, but I can make a male one if someone requests it, though the sweaters I have lean on the girly side.


2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Vince said...

COOOOOOL, but too bad you don't live somewhere cold. (YET?)

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

Ahhhh... not yet, it seems. I guess we didn't share the news, but we are staying in Atlanta!

The new company is going to set up an office here, and the software folks (a few live in Covington and a couple in Kansas City) will all have to relocate here.

So, we don't have to move right away, which is pretty nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home