Thursday, May 18, 2006

Goin' Back Down South

Feels like I just got back from Louisiana, but we're heading right back out there tomorrow. Not sure why I'm inflicting this on myself :) It was 95 and muggy and buggy every day I was in Covington- misery upon misery!

But this trip (I hope!) will be much more fun. Our niece's birthday party is Saturday, there'll be a pool and a moonwalk, so that should be a blast. Then Tuesday is my sister Rebecca's graduation. She's graduating from the same high school I graduated from, 9 years or so ago. What a strange feeling.

Then, when we get back, grandma and grandpa are going to come visit for a day on their way up to Wisconsin. I love how that works out! It'll be great to see them. I wish we had room to put them up, but... well, we don't! It's pretty much a studio apartment over here.

Otherwise, no real news to report. I'm still totally exhausted from that last work trip to Covington. It completely wiped me out. I have some hope that this little vacation will be restorational- but in my experience, trips to Louisiana rarely are. Too much family to see, too little time to just sit and relax. Which, in my opinion, is the whole point of a vacation anyway.

Maybe when I get back I'll start sewing again. I definitely need a hobby or project of some kind. I'm not sure I shared my last one with everyone on here... did I? Well, if so I'll just have to subject you all to it again:



It's a big monster stuffed animal for our niece's birthday. I hope she likes it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home