Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Computer

One more recent event of note: while I was stuck in Covington, actually the first day I got there, my computer died. My brand new I-spent-way-too-much-money-on-it fancy-schmancy tablet pc laptop, it just up and died- wouldn't even boot up to the BIOS. After a day of struggling with it, my boss gave up on it and ordered me a new laptop. I had paid for the first one myself, and he's been wanting to buy me a computer for legal reasons anyway, since I'm not "supposed" to be working on non-company computers. So I guess it wasn't a hard sell.

The kicker? I got a Mac! One of those new Intel-based MacBook Pros. It's really really awesome. I'm still getting used to it, but on the whole I couldn't be happier. Here are some pictures of it, in all it's Apple goodness.

Here it is running Windows XP, in a window, in Mac OSX. So I can do all my Windows development inside a tightly-controlled little sandbox, without having to worry about Windows blowing up all over my laptop. That's a really nice thing!



And here it is with my smiling face on it! It's got a built-in video camera, which the OS takes great advantage of (one of the first things it had me do when I started it up was take a picture of myself, which it uses for the login screen, IM, and email).

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Oh yeah... did you need a Gateway widescreen tablet PC by chance? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home